Coltuk.org

Mitsubishi Colt Owners Club
It is currently July 17th, 2019, 10:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Notice to non-paying members: Do not place Classifieds in here, they will be swiftly deleted!

Post subject: Colt CZC Cabriolet rear window regulator access.
PostPosted: January 10th, 2019, 11:32 am 
Member not yet aquired a rank

Model: N/A
Hi folks,

Both the rear window regulators on my Colt CZC have been replaced with the same, but refurbished and strengthened.
The problem is as I had no idea how to change them out, I relied on the dealer to do it. They have replaced these several times before, under warranty.
The window regulators for the Colt CZC are no longer available. Hence why I went for the refurb. They mount the glass with a metal strip that gives extra strength.
Two screws support the strip, which allow for the glass to be adjusted. I have had the car to the dealer twice, who claim the regulators are broken. They just can't get that these refurbed ones require the adjustment. So on my driver's side I have a window that rattles, on the passenger side, the glass is crooked, so when I close the passenger door I get a metal hitting glass sound.

Does anyone know the procedure to get to the rear window regulators. That's what I need, then I'll fix it either myself, or with the help of others.

Many thanks, Dave.

Post subject: Re: Colt CZC Cabriolet rear window regulator access.
PostPosted: February 12th, 2019, 2:18 am 

Model: N/A
All fixed. My local Kmart Tyre & Auto store was easily able to align the windows correctly. 3 days later my driver's front broke, so again back to Kmart to get the regulator taken out and then posted to PowerWin in Brisbane for the regulator repair and strengthen of the mechanism. They put a 2 year warranty on it. So now 3 windows all fine. Just hope my passenger front behaves for a while.