Coltuk.org

Mitsubishi Colt Owners Club
It is currently October 22nd, 2018, 5:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Notice to non-paying members: Do not place Classifieds in here, they will be swiftly deleted!

Post subject: Re: CZC boot and roof problems
PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 8:19 am 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Model: CZ (2004 - Present)
Firetrappe wrote:
That's unlucky. Did you just visually inspect the wires, or did you check them with a multimeter as well?

Visually and with a multimeter :(

PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 8:39 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Have ordered a boot latch and motor set to see if that fixes the issue - fingers crossed

PostPosted: June 20th, 2018, 4:38 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

If that does not fix it then the next and probably last thing to check is the Roof / Boot CPU

PostPosted: June 20th, 2018, 6:21 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Hopefully it's just the boot latch seeing as you've ordered one. I wish you the best of luck, I know how totally frustrating it can be!

If all else fails then you might have to bite the bullet and get a Mitsi dealer to run a diagnostic check and try re-initialising the roof.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2018, 4:44 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Firetrappe wrote:
Hopefully it's just the boot latch seeing as you've ordered one. I wish you the best of luck, I know how totally frustrating it can be!

If all else fails then you might have to bite the bullet and get a Mitsi dealer to run a diagnostic check and try re-initialising the roof.

Thanks will let everyone know how we get on

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 6:50 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Does anyone know where the auto roof / boot sensors are situated and how many there are ????

PostPosted: July 13th, 2018, 1:55 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Update - got the roof working again but the boot is now wonky (larger gap at one side than the other) - will be investigating further at the weekend and will then post another update

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 10:55 am 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Great to hear you've made some progress!

Hope you manage to get the boot levelled up. Sounds like either part of the mechanism is bent slightly or it's the latch isn't pulling it fully closed properly. You might find you have to get inside the boot with a torch to compare both sides of the mechanism when it's closed. That's what I did lol.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2018, 4:05 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

RESOLVED :clap :clap :clap

Ok problem fixed and all working as normal again (roof and boot)

Replaced this - which was the cause of the main issue - MITSUBISHI COLT CZC - CONVERTIBLE BOOT LID CATCH / MOTOR & SENSOR LOCK

Also had to replace the BOOT LID HINGE BRACKET MECHANISMS (left and right side) as we damaged them when manually closing the roof and boot when it failed - but that was down to us and obviously if you replace the part that fixed it for us before too much tampering with the roof and boot you should not need to do this :D

TOTAL COST 2nd hand from Ebay (2x BOOT HINGES & BOOT LID CATCH / MOTOR & SENSOR LOCK) 210.00 GBP

If anyone needs anymore info let me know

[url=https:///]Image[/url]

PostPosted: July 19th, 2018, 9:51 pm 
Member not yet aquired a rank

Hey Guys,

I'm Eric from the Netherlands, with a Colt CZC with exactly the same problems! They started a couple of days ago when I stuffed a digital piano keyboard in the trunk of my car, all the way to the back where some wires go to the front of the car. It fit quite snugly :-).
I may or may not have damaged the wires doing just that... It's either that or the fact that my car stood in the hot sun for a couple of hours... Everything worked up and until a couple of days ago ;-(

Funny thing though is, now, that at first the boot just opens up, without flipping all the way back and gets stuck so I have to reset (switching the ignition 5 times), to be able to close the boot again.

But after jiggling a bit with the wires, the boot almost flips all the way back and then gets stuck. I then have to reset again so that annoying beeping stops. So now, sometimes the boot latches start clicking, sometimes they are in the wrong position and sometimes they are working correctly. It's basically a bit trial and error thing, getting the boot into the correct position again... The roof however doesn't open up completely anymore.

So I'm hoping there's a faulty wire somewhere, what do you guys think?
Or could it be a weak car battery or a fuse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Eric

PostPosted: July 20th, 2018, 8:06 pm 

Wow,how helpful was that,perfect,Can't understand why I didn't get anyhelp with my power steering problem

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 8:03 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Bugger - all working well for a week and now electrics failure again on the windows. boot and roof (worse issue than previously) - we think its just a fuse or a relay so hopefully an easy & cheap fix - will let you all know when we hopefully solve it !

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 6:00 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Update again and good news - :clap :clap :clap :clap

Followed the advice from another forum and removed and replaced the relays and hey presto it's working as normal again :D

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 6:09 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

** When i say removed and replaced - i do not mean with new ones we simply took the existing ones out and then put them back in again - so cost was ZERO !

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 6:11 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

eric1403 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm Eric from the Netherlands, with a Colt CZC with exactly the same problems! They started a couple of days ago when I stuffed a digital piano keyboard in the trunk of my car, all the way to the back where some wires go to the front of the car. It fit quite snugly :-).
I may or may not have damaged the wires doing just that... It's either that or the fact that my car stood in the hot sun for a couple of hours... Everything worked up and until a couple of days ago ;-(

Funny thing though is, now, that at first the boot just opens up, without flipping all the way back and gets stuck so I have to reset (switching the ignition 5 times), to be able to close the boot again.

But after jiggling a bit with the wires, the boot almost flips all the way back and then gets stuck. I then have to reset again so that annoying beeping stops. So now, sometimes the boot latches start clicking, sometimes they are in the wrong position and sometimes they are working correctly. It's basically a bit trial and error thing, getting the boot into the correct position again... The roof however doesn't open up completely anymore.

So I'm hoping there's a faulty wire somewhere, what do you guys think?
Or could it be a weak car battery or a fuse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Eric

have a look at Firetrappes previous wire issue posts they may help - good luck

Last edited by iphonekarl on July 23rd, 2018, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 6:12 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Firetrappe wrote:
I still haven't had chance to check the wiring on ours, but I did find these photos on one of the Facebook groups showing where the wiring is likely to have broken if that is the cause.

I'm still in search of a wiring diagram or workshop manual, but hours of searching have been fruitless.

Hope this helps someone.

Si.

This is the previous post i am referring to

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2018, 7:08 pm 

Guess what, I took a good look at the wiring today and yes, the green wire is broken!

The only thing that I have to figure out now is how to detach the complete cable from the chassis, as there is no way I can solder it at the spot where it is broken, without damaging the other wires...
Any helpful tips how I can "demontage" the entire cable?

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Eric

PostPosted: July 24th, 2018, 11:47 am 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Hi Eric,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, i've only been on mobile lately which is a pain to type replies.

If you want to take the loom out of the boot, first you need to remove the trim panel from the tailgate. It's a bit of a pain to pop the clips out, I used a large flat blade screwdriver to lever them out. I damaged a couple, but managed to reuse them when re-fitting.

Next you need to unplug all the connectors that go to the boot latch etc. There are about 4 in total I think. They are all different styles of plug, so you don't need to worry too much about remembering what they were connected to.

Then, remove all of the black clips that secure the loom to the metalwork (fairly easy to remove), then unplug the end of the loom which is behind the trim by the nearside tail lamp. Finally, you can cut the cable-ties which route the loom around the boot mechanism which should allow you to remove the loom.

If you have found the break, I would attempt to repair it without removing the whole loom. Unplug the main loom connection (the one behind the trim near the n/s lamp) and cut the cable ties around the boot mechanism. You may need to trim the woven sheath so that you can slide it far enough out of the way or remove it, but you should then be able to create enough slack in the cluster of wires to isolate the two ends of the green wire and solder them back together. If you're worried about catching the other wires then put some thin cardboard or similar over them to prevent catching them with the soldering iron.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the repair.

Si.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2018, 3:33 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Firetrappe wrote:
Hi Eric,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, i've only been on mobile lately which is a pain to type replies.

If you want to take the loom out of the boot, first you need to remove the trim panel from the tailgate. It's a bit of a pain to pop the clips out, I used a large flat blade screwdriver to lever them out. I damaged a couple, but managed to reuse them when re-fitting.

Next you need to unplug all the connectors that go to the boot latch etc. There are about 4 in total I think. They are all different styles of plug, so you don't need to worry too much about remembering what they were connected to.

Then, remove all of the black clips that secure the loom to the metalwork (fairly easy to remove), then unplug the end of the loom which is behind the trim by the nearside tail lamp. Finally, you can cut the cable-ties which route the loom around the boot mechanism which should allow you to remove the loom.

If you have found the break, I would attempt to repair it without removing the whole loom. Unplug the main loom connection (the one behind the trim near the n/s lamp) and cut the cable ties around the boot mechanism. You may need to trim the woven sheath so that you can slide it far enough out of the way or remove it, but you should then be able to create enough slack in the cluster of wires to isolate the two ends of the green wire and solder them back together. If you're worried about catching the other wires then put some thin cardboard or similar over them to prevent catching them with the soldering iron.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the repair.

Si.

Very helpful as always si :thumbu

PostPosted: September 9th, 2018, 11:05 am 

Hi Si,

I finally got around to fixing the broken wire and YES YES YES!!!!

Everything is operational again.

Now I just have to find some new woven sheath, but I am very happy so far!

Thanks to everyone that gave me their info on how to find and fix the problem!!

Eric