Mitsubishi Colt Owners Club
It is currently March 27th, 2019, 12:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Non starter
PostPosted: March 14th, 2019, 7:46 pm 
Member not yet aquired a rank
Member not yet aquired a rank

Model: CZ (2004 - Present)
hello folks hopefully someone can help me out because frankly im crap at diagnosing petrols as ive always had diesels!

recently our 2005 colt cz 1.3 has started to feel like its about to stall randomly when pulling away, the eml has flashed on then gone off leaving no dtcs logged so nothing to go on there.

the lad came home tonight and said it had done it four or five times today and being a teenager in his wisdom thought he could just continue to drive it rather than pull over and phone home, anyway now ive gone to have a look and it wont start.

it turns over as it should but doesnt catch, theres fuel at the rail as i have pulled the pipe to check, I would be tempted to say coil pack but its direct ignition so i doubt all 4 would go at the same time so if anyone could point me onto what to check next that would be grand, im thinking maybe camshaft position sensor?

the missus and lad seem to hate the car with its heavy steering and such but tbh I dont mind it and it would be a shame to scrap it as my daily hack is a toyota avensis which is as exciting as a piece of dry toast and I quite like throwing the old colt about!

cheers

rob