It is currently November 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Road Noise CZ2 2009
PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 4:44 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Model: CZ (2004 - Present)
: Colt 09 CZ2 1.3l 5dr.
Just getting familiar with driving my recently purchased CZ2. The first gripe is the amount of road noise and the hardness of the ride. Is it always this way with CZ2 Colts? Or have I bought a machine with sports springs?
Any advice welcomed. I have added a spare wheel - full version - and a top rear shelf, hoping to reduce the noise. Wife not impressed!

Post subject: Re: Road Noise CZ2 2009
PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 5:53 pm 
The Allrounder

Model: CJ (1996 - 2004)
: CJ RS EvoBorg 99% Complete
My ralliart is pretty noisy at speed, but to be fair I tend to compensate by turning up the music... not useful for conversations though..! You'd need to go down the route of soundproofing to resolve that.. a ball ache to do it properly!

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 9:15 am 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

MOT passed with advisory that the four wheels had perished valves which needed to be replaced, done later free of charge at my local Kwikfit, and that after a £25 MOT!. The dealer who changed the tyres a year ago will not be getting any business from me!
And at last I have found a cure for the wife's gripe about the hardness of the seats, £30 at Halfords for a nice padded overlay.
You mention sound proofing - are there any recomended methods? Being retired means time isn't a problem and as I have decided to run the old Polo into the ground, which might take years, I will SORN the Colt and keep it in the garage. Unless someone wants to give me £2,000 for it.
Thanks for your interest.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 12:20 pm 
The Allrounder

Model: CJ (1996 - 2004)
: CJ RS EvoBorg 99% Complete
The methods I know of involved stripping out the interior, then applying either sound-insulating matting (sticky back stuff like Dynamat etc) or painting on a sludge type stuff which dries and sets, then putting the interior back in. The sludge is cheaper, but the matting is the better of the two. Not an easy task but if you have time and the wanting to do it... it's worth it!

PostPosted: November 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Thanks again. I have found a suitable bolt to clamp the spare wheel which, being rather heavy, wasn't helping the noise bit. I may well follow your suggestion with the extra matting.
As I prepare to SORN it I am seeing the odd drip of power steering fluid underneath. Looks like its coming from somewhere behind the engine but this morning's rain has prevented me from looking further. But I am beginning to like the motor. Even local running about appears to be giving me around 36 mpg without trying.