Coltuk.org

Mitsubishi Colt Owners Club
It is currently December 17th, 2018, 2:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Increase ride height for cross country?
PostPosted: March 10th, 2018, 2:29 pm 
Member not yet aquired a rank
Member not yet aquired a rank

Model: CJ (1996 - 2004)
Hello all,

Wondering if any one has tried to “jack up” the ride height? I’d like to change the wheel set and increase the ride height (including wheel spacers and 50/50tyres) but I’m not sure what the best approach to this is? How much could and should I lift?

I’m having to take her down country lanes and gravel tracks on a daily basis and just knocked the front bumper on a pot hole, ive owned off road vehicles so I’m not worried about the handling downgrade but wouldn’t want to change the gear ratios or put too much strain on the factory components. Wanna keep the car as it’s low mileage and like the I like the idea of have somthing unique

I hope this isn’t colt blasphemy, I think she could look great with a more aggressive road stance, there may be many different answers or none but any help would be greatly appreciated even if I’m just being ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: Increase ride height for cross country?
PostPosted: March 10th, 2018, 9:55 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Model: CZ (2004 - Present)
Wotcha and welcome - not done this myself but I would look initially at other Mitsubishi already with a higher ride height and look to see if any of the parts match up - only concern I would have is the angle of the drive shafts in relation to the gearbox if you take it too much.

The standard springs on the motor we had gave huge ground clearance, dont know how the earlier model differs but if it is the same that must have been a serious pot hole

Post subject: Re: Increase ride height for cross country?
PostPosted: March 12th, 2018, 8:14 pm 
New to this Colt stuff
New to this Colt stuff

Model: CJ (1996 - 2004)
hi, i was thinking about doing the exact same to my cj colt, probably the easiest way to do it is welding spacers to the shock top mounts, mighty car mods and car throttle have already done this, check 'mighty car mods: mod max' and carthrottle with their latest video about lifting a jag