It is currently December 16th, 2018, 3:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: cheap draper tools
PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 2:00 pm 
Totally Addicted to Colt!

Model: CJ (1996 - 2004)
: V6 power!
I agree Barlow they are, when at Mitsubishi I only bought Mac, facom and snap on. There they were stored in a large Mac tool chest and I knew and tested everyone in the garage. At where I work now I have to carry a small toolbag of just the tools which are needed on the boats, but the problem is as there's so many boat lines and so many employees its hard to keep track.

Mike, any word on price for the torque wrench?

PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 2:58 pm 
The Allrounder

Model: Lancer
: Evo 4
All about trust Dave, its hard for me in yard too coz u get alot of customers borrowing tools and not returnin them. Also alot of people take when u aint looking.

BTW, sorry mike, not trying to kill ya group buy here. Draper are good guys, just sayin that they aint recommended for heavy daily use! Awesome for your garage :)

>> My project thread <<

Click here to Visit >> The Mitsubishi Owners Club, bringing all the Mitsubishi's into one crowd :D

PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 5:32 pm 

Model: CZ (2004 - Present)
: Colt Mirage, 2005.
Just got a Snap-on tool box off my dad full of snap-on tools and from what i've seen so far i can see why they are what they are! :) ;)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 3:50 pm 

: 1.8 4g93T GSR
Haha its ok barlow I know snap-on are generally seen as the best but I know loads of people who use them day in day out and say other companies like Draper expert and Britool are just as good for half the money. Chrome vanadium is a good material if used properly, cheap tools use small amounts of chrome in the alloy though which results in low hardness so they end up been soft as butter :lol:

sorry about the delay in prices been well busy and now im looking at maybe starting an online shop depending on how easy it is to buy direct from Draper

Project thread - viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23657

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 7:26 pm 
Started to go a bit Colt crazy!

Model: CA (1992 - 1996)
: 92 borg
MattyB wrote:
snap on ftw!! expensive thooo

iv got snap on tools coming out of my ass at work and i have to say at home i have just a cheap halfords advanced kit (just for doin lil private jobs easy to carry around)makes me laugh when people say snap on this snap on that, its just a showman thing the draper and halfords advanced are just as gd with exactly the same warentee just people being anal!
the only reason iv got snap on is i was young and nieve when i started buying tools also if u loose and expert/advanced it doesn cost you 900 pound to replace so for me if i had to buy again the experts or halfords advanced would be my choice save alot of money and get exactly the sme amount of customer satisfaction, but if i was doin it all again and goin for makes alone like i did id go for the mac tools personally, they never break. my boss uses em and there better than my snap on stuff hands down. also another rant my snap on light is **** just so every1 knows lol

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 9:10 pm 

I have a halfords tool kit here at home. the ratchets are utter scallops, nothing against the spanners e.t.c. but ive had 3 ratchets and they all just fall to bits. :lol:

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 9:12 pm 

: 1.8 Black Mirage
i also have a set halfords advance proffesional ratchet spanners, and they havent let me down! havent really tried any other halfords tools

-4G93-Powerflow Catback-421-Decat-Lowered 40mm-Upper/Lower Strut Braces-Evo8 Recaros-Ms Design Rear Splitter-Stainless Induction-D1 Spec Catch Tank-Evo Shortshifter-Tinted Windows-Air/Fuel/Volts Gauges-Momo Steering Wheel-Modded Mirage Bumper-Ace 184 17" Alloys-Facelift Headlights-GTI Brake Setup-

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm 

: 92 borg
thats a user error not a ratchet error anything will break if u push it hard enough, i always undo tight bolts with a breaker bar or 1 of my spanners like you are meant to.
at the end of the day its all about how well you use ur tools, i hardly ever use my buzz gun only ever to undo wheel bolts and stuborn hub nuts really, my favourite tool is my air ratchet tho saves loadsa time and you just torque everything up afterwards which takes 5 mins.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 9:36 pm 

thats one thing I have against halfords tools, ratchets are crap. I had a halfords ratchet, draper expert ratchet and a pair of snap on ratchets at home, I have a fine tool snap on one which is the tits but i dont rate the other one against the draper one tbh because the snap-on has to much resistance whereas draper one will keep ratcheting on nuts that are much free-er

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 10:01 pm 

joey colt wrote:
thats a user error not a ratchet error anything will break if u push it hard enough, i always undo tight bolts with a breaker bar or 1 of my spanners like you are meant to.
at the end of the day its all about how well you use ur tools, i hardly ever use my buzz gun only ever to undo wheel bolts and stuborn hub nuts really, my favourite tool is my air ratchet tho saves loadsa time and you just torque everything up afterwards which takes 5 mins.

it wasn't being pushed hard, it almost just fell to bits in my hand..

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 1:59 am 
The Allrounder

Model: Lancer
: Evo 4
Joey, your defo right about user error. But the halfords ratchet inners are defo made from cheddar cheese! I have destroyed many, but my Snap On and Blue Point ratchets have soldiered on flawlessly!! (referring to 3/8)

>> My project thread <<

Click here to Visit >> The Mitsubishi Owners Club, bringing all the Mitsubishi's into one crowd :D

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 2:05 am 

Barlow wrote:
Joey, your defo right about user error. But the halfords ratchet inners are defo made from cheddar cheese! I have destroyed many, but my Snap On and Blue Point ratchets have soldiered on flawlessly!! (referring to 3/8)

when i was doing my brakes the other day there was some bolts that i couldnt get a bar onto, the snap-on 18v impact gun with a full battery and the gun is only 2 months old wouldnt shift them but i just managed to get them off with a halfords ratchet and it never showed any sights of giving up, i was giving it some right stick with the hammer as well (serious user error there but it got the job done ;) )

PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 12:24 am 
Proud Colt Owner
Proud Colt Owner

: full cyborg replica
Snap-On hates me, every 3 months he has to get me new replacement sockets, tend to find a ball bearing and a hammer do well to crack them. Life time garentee baby! saves me cleaning them. :D